Mobile Device Management
The use of smart phones and tablets for business purposes is very rapidly spreading. Today’s technological development allows us to have access to the necessary information using these devices from anywhere and at any time. While it increases the efficiency of work, it compels business IT to fight new challenges.
Mobile Device Management solution offers to help in fighting these challenges.
During the mobile use of business applications, information critical for the business may also be transferred to the mobile devices of employees via data synchronisation and remote access.
Main functions of the solution
- Issue of devices: purchase and installation of the devices, setting up the company profile, remote registration of devices (OTA – Over The Air).
- Application distribution: applications downloadable on recognised marketplaces, distribution and withdrawal of applications of own development
- Device protection: wipe (Wipe, Selective Wipe), blocking, adherence to safety requirements, locating lost devices
- Data security: registration of installed software, control of prohibited and permitted applications, application containment (prevention of data leakage), encryption and disabling of e-mail attachments, detection of non-original operation systems, establishment of a safe data connection between the client’s device and the data centre server. Business data and private data can be separately managed (BYOD support)
- Implementation: the solution can be an on-premise installation in the own data centre or a cloud solution
Benefits of MDM for the business
- The company's data assets are safeguarded
- Higher efficiency and productivity due to the availability of mobile applications and the necessary updated information
- Savings with the introduction of BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) as a result of which employees may use their own mobile devices purchased by themselves as working tools
Benefits of MDM for the clients
- Automatic device set-up for access to the company resources (E-mail, Wifi, VPN, SharePoint, Web)
- Use of desired devices for both private and business purposes
Did you know that
- 60% of smart phone owners use their own devices also at work?
- 81% of the employees have confirmed that they have access to a resource in the company’s network without the knowledge and consent of the employer.
- only 33% of the businesses use a mobile device management solution?
- 62% of the mobile devices are not protected with passwords?
- 73% of the users state that they can have access also to confidential data from their devices?
- 70 million smart phones are lost every year in the world and only 7% is found
Mobile Data Security
Secure access to the company’s data assets via mobile devices without affecting user experience.
Data transfer via mobile devices must be controlled in the same way as traditional terminal devices (desktop computers, notebooks). These devices are characterised by the fact that they can be lost or stolen in a simple way and thereby can be obtained by third parties and unauthorised persons. Therefore clearing of data sent to the device during the set-up of the data centre access and e-mail synchronisation must be allowed at any time.
Data security requirements must be met with a minimum burden on the team responsible for IT operation. The volume of mobile devices often exceeds the number of the already operated workstations. In addition, a homogeneous platform is rarely provided. Therefore, a software solution automatically guaranteeing the secure use of mobile devices on the basis of specified inner rules for the workers must be chosen.
Freedom of movement without affecting the work.
Desire for freedom is an ancient human need. Based on surveys, free selection of the place of working and being not chained to the desk for 8 to 10 hours a day is strong motivations. This is where the BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) trend is significant. The employees are allowed to use their own devices purchased by themselves also for their work, which increases efficiency and at the same time they can use “working tools” which better meet their tastes. Another aspect is that smart phones and tablets are so-called sexy (or popular, trendy) products, i.e. are desirable for great masses. If a company provides such a device for the employee, the beneficiary may consider it a great recognition.
The integration of business mobile applications in administration processes increases the efficiency of work.
The use of mobile applications may accelerate the administration in certain cases. For example, a client of the company may sign the electronic worksheets on the spot, and the data are transferred immediately via the internet to the company’s management system, and the performed work is ready for invoicing. This may shorten the period between the performance and invoicing with weeks and also reduce the administrative burden. Purchase of devices used for work will not be necessary with the introduction of the BYOD system of rules.
Mobile Device Management
It allows, among others, remote set-up of mobile devices (e.g. Wifi, VPN, encryption), data wiping, localisation of the devices, enforcement of use of passwords.
- Multiplatform support
- Management on the basis of inner rules
- Certification distribution and certification-based identification
- Wifi, VPN, APN, E-mail access set-up spreading
- Blocking, partial and full clearing, Localisation
Mobile Application Management
Remote installation and removal of application on mobile devices on the basis of user authorisations, detection of prohibited or dangerous applications, application inventory.
- App distribution
- registration of installed software,
- control of prohibited and permitted applications (blacklist/whitelist);
Mobile Content Management
Encrypted data storage and data leakage prevention.
- application containment (data leakage prevention),
- regulation of the management of e-mail attachments
- establishment of a secure data connection between the application and the data centre server.
- Business data and private data can be separately managed (BYOD support)
BYOD - Bring Your Own Device
Extensive mobile platform support, distinction between own devices and devices provided by the company.
Employee perform better at work if they can use a working tool meeting their expectations and taste. This is the basis of the BYOD concept. The IT division must allow employees to use their own devices during the everyday work. For that purpose, the company’s data assets must be distinguishable from private data without the solution causing any troubles during the use of the device, i.e. without affecting user experience.
Why the HUMANsoft?
- We are a system integration company with an IT history of more than two decades.
- Our specialists are continuously trained, our engineers have a wide range of competencies.
- The satisfaction of the client and the professional performance of duties are key factors for us.
- We have a global IT portfolio, so we can offer complete services.
MDM – Mobile Devices at Work
The use of mobile devices for business purpose was typically limited to the synchronisation of our e-mails in the past. However, now we can use a wide range of applications supporting our business processes on mobile devices. A business can be successful if information necessary for decision-making is available anywhere and at any time. Smart phones and tablets are perfect devices for that purpose.
The IT division must make sure that the company’s data assets cannot be obtained by unauthorised persons, and only competent persons can have an access to it via devices meeting the system of security rules. The integration of mobile devices can be successful if user experience is not affected and the company’s data are also safeguarded. We can significantly increase productivity and employee satisfaction with business processes customised to the use of mobile devices, and by supporting the mobility of the employees and providing them with favoured working tools.